5.11.2009

A Vacation in the Southern Tier


To most people, when they hear the words "South" and "Vacation" positive images are conjured up in the brain. To me, trapped in the Southern Tier of New York State being on more of a forced sabbatical from my life than an actual vacation per se, it is less than ideal. No offense to the Bing-Bing, but the 607 is not a place people come to. When they told us the theme of the month would be travel, I never imagined I'd be traveling here....oh, life.

Poor Margarita is at our friendly Feduke Ford dealership where I was greeted by Ford sales people who loved seeing the car and Ford maintenance people decidedly less enthused by my arrival. She's full of my winter clothes and a bent wheel in the back. :(

Based on my experiences here and elsewhere, however, I have come to learn that nearly everyone else goes to school where the living accommodations far outstrip those of team weGOTyourCRAZY. Case and point: the University of Rochester, Rochester Institute of Technology, and now SUNY Binghamton all have much, much nicer upperclassmen housing - dishwashers and full-sized fridges, and beds larger than the fiesta oh my! How do we end up paying $10,000 a year in room and board and still have but a brick-and-motar, a fridge that can't hold more than a box of wine and a few pounds of cheese, and RAs who threaten to write me up for SingStar?

I've also learned that NY really is cold. They're talking about 30s here tomorrow...in MAY! C'mon, I'm not even in Rochester yet!

Alright, over and out for now Fiesta Friends. I'm going to go back to sleep.

Saving Grace: Starbucks and Five Guys adjacent. :)

No comments: